My responses to Georgia Title on public discusion group
This is a string of my responses to comments made by Georgia Title on a public social media site. I can't copy her posts, but anyone interested can see them online at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1676136632614664/user/1456893082/
July 10, 2022
Georgia Title I'm asking you for the third (3rd) time in this thread: Are you going to make a
remedial motion to be recorded in the minutes? If so, can you improve on the
following wording?
"Following complaints received from Unit 409 council has investigated and confirmed a series of contraventions of the strata's use of property bylaws, therefore be it resolved that the strata will take remedial action pursuant to s.133 of the SPA to equalize the patios between Units 407 and 409 and reinstate Unit 409's long closely spaced spindles, sliding patio window, and trees next to 409's east and west windows. If required, council may borrow funding in order to proceed with this matter if a suitable payment plan cannot be arranged."
Are you going to make any kind of correction motion at all?
Ever?
Georgia Title No we can't. First things first please.
I don't have a skylight, and there is absolutely no place in my unit for a skylight. So if getting a skylight is your issue, you can make whatever motion you want to deal with it.
My issue is equalization of our patio and reinstatement of its original enclosure, sliding windows, and surrounding shade trees.
So, are you going to make a remedial motion for that, to be recorded in the minutes?
If so, when?
If not, why not?
Can you improve on the following wording?
"Following complaints received from Unit 409 council has investigated and confirmed a series of contraventions of the strata's use of property bylaws, therefore be it resolved that the strata will take remedial action pursuant to s.133 of the SPA to equalize the patios between Units 407 and 409 and reinstate Unit 409's long closely spaced spindles, sliding patio window, and trees next to 409's east and west windows. If required, council may borrow funding in order to proceed with this matter if a suitable payment plan cannot be arranged."
July 8, 2022
Georgia Title If you would like to help get things straightened out as you say, are you going to make a remedial motion as I asked?
July 7, 2022
Georgia Title You ask "which parts of our history" are you incorrect about, as if I haven't told you every step of the way, and just repeated it on this Facebook page. Thanks for the laugh.
In regard to the extra skylights, there is nothing stopping you from going to the city and requesting copies of the building permits to confirm your belief, the same way I went to the city and requested copies of the building plans to confirm mine. In fact, as a member of council, wouldn't you have a duty to do so?
If what you or I say about skylights is true, and neither of us have any direct personal knowledge of the actual installations, all that is certain is that they were installed in secret, we have no evidence of anything allowing them, and they exist in contravention of our bylaws for the benefit of scofflaw council members acting in conflict at our expense.
To spell it out for you:
1.1 All residents and visitors must comply STRICTLY with the Bylaws and rules of the Strata Corporation adopted from time to time.
3.4 (May 28/15 amendment) Without limiting the generality of bylaw 3.2, an owner with short term exclusive use UNDER s.76 OF THE SPA of a building not on the strata plan MUST pay monthly user fees corresponding to proportionate unit entitlement to common property and the cost of potential removal and restoration or the extra expense to replace or maintain the alteration in good repair.
4.1 A resident or visitor must not use a strata lot, the common property or common assets in a way that
(a) causes a nuisance or hazard to another person, (b) causes unreasonable noise, (c) unreasonably interferes with the rights of other persons to use and enjoy the common property, common assets or another strata lot, (d) is ILLEGAL, or (e) is contrary to a purpose for which the strata lot or common property is intended as shown expressly or by necessary implication on or by the strata plan.
If you are not acting to protect your own property value and further your own ambitions at the expense of others, why do you repeatedly attack me for trying to remedy the corruption that is standard practice in this strata instead of making a motion to correct it so owners, realtors, and innocent purchasers, can see in the minutes exactly how corruptly this strata is being managed?
July 6, 2022
Georgia Title Okay, I've had some rest, so I will now finish my response to your "I give" comment.
Consistent with your claims, council has left damaging offences unremedied for over 30 years, despite its ongoing obligation to enforce the bylaws. That is over 10,000 days of suffering and loss for me, and at least 1,000 sleepless nights.
Contrary to your claims, the Coquitlam order was to REMOVE the unlawfully added decks or bring them into compliance, and council rebuilt them contrary to direction from the owners by diverting surplus funds from the 2nd special levy in violation of s.108(5) of the SPA.
As to the AOL for the HVAC, our strata bylaws do not require AOLs for anything - with the sole exception of the new HVAC amendment - which is blatantly discriminatory. Our long standing HVAC bylaws, which have been in existence since 2005 don't require AOLs either. Just for the record, my application was made under the original bylaw and council denied it even though I offered to pay all the expenses and sign a maintenance agreement to ensure timely installation.
I agree with you that "selling your current home with an HVAC should be a plus not a minus, exactly as it would be if you owned a single detached home." Instead, it is devalued by AOLs.
Contrary to your claim, AOLs are not "a standard operating procedure." HVAC for a townhouse or condo is common property, and as such user fees are the standard operating procedure. This is set out in s.6.9 of the Strata Property Regulation, as follows:
"a strata corporation may impose user fees for the use of common property or common assets only if all of the following requirements are met:
(a) the amount of the fee is reasonable;
(b) the fee is set out
(i) in a bylaw, or
(ii) in a rule and the rule has been ratified under section 125 (6) of the Act.
(2) A user fee imposed by a strata corporation may be a fixed amount or an amount determined on a reasonable basis, including, but not limited to, the following:
(a) the user's rate of consumption; (b) the recovery of operating or maintenance costs by the strata corporation; (c) the number of users; (d) the duration of use."
As you can see, user fees are discretionary, just like AOLs are in all of our strata's bylaws - with the sole exception of the HVAC amendment that council forced onto owners afraid of dying in the heat.
Contrary to your claim, AOLs are not "a necessary part of strata living" nor are they "for the protection of owners or stratas" as you seem to believe. They are unenforceable in large part, and completely unnecessary as demonstrated in my HVAC installation proposal. AOLs are manufactured by the strata industry to churn up add-on fees and litigation for the benefit of lawyers, contrary to the best interests of stratas and owners of strata property.
You ask "which parts of our history" are you incorrect about, as if I haven't told you every step of the way, and just repeated it on this Facebook page. Thanks for the laugh.
If a picture is worth a thousand words and you still can't tell where you are wrong, I don't know what more to say.
July 5, 2022
Georgia Title If you "would like to help get these things straightened out" just send an email calling a council meeting within the next week or 2 to vote on, and record in the minutes, the following motion.
"Following complaints received from Unit 409 council has investigated and confirmed a series of contraventions of the strata's use of property bylaws, therefore be it resolved that the strata will take remedial action pursuant to s.133 of the SPA to equalize the patios between Units 407 and 409 and reinstate Unit 409's long closely spaced spindles, sliding patio window, and trees next to 409's east and west windows. If required, council may borrow funding in order to proceed with this matter if a suitable payment plan cannot be arranged."
You don't need a property manager to have a council meeting for this, all you need is a quorum and minutes. There is no need to complicate the matter. It's really pretty simple.
July 4, 2022
Georgia Title You have lost nothing special, so you can afford to give up. I have lost my sense of security, property that I purchased in good faith, and decades of my life. It is exhausting trying to compensate for that, but I would be ashamed of myself for giving up, since that implicitly condones wrongdoing and provides no remedy.
This all seems to be fun and games for you. You act like you enjoy twisting history, facts, and perceptions to bolster your image and trample mine, but the facts speak for themselves and don't go away with stories, or time. Actions speak louder than words.
What I need to move on is not your condescending narrative, it is your motion to remedy ongoing contraventions of governing enactments that are making my home more of a torture chamber than a sanctuary. It's a simple motion.
It is exhausting to defend myself against fraudulent misrepresentations and continual oppression that contaminates every day of my life for decades, like death from a thousand cuts. Every day I feel cheated and betrayed by others acting in their own interests contrary to law and good will. People like you perpetuate the abuse by trivializing and criticizing significant losses that are unique to Unit 409, and nobody else.
(I posted the remainder of my response to your comment separately, after I had some rest.)
July 3, 2022
Georgia Title Thanks for answering about the skylights, whatever you say about anything at any point in time is all very interesting.
You sound pretty self-centered when you say, "Our unit does not have a skylight. Now you can remove skylights from your issues." Why would I do that? More importantly, as a current member of council, why would YOU do that?
There are zero skylights in the plans for Phase 2 or any alteration records in the minutes. They all exist in repeated contravention of s.76 and ongoing violation of our bylaws requiring approval of alterations and prohibiting illegal use of property. They were all added secretly and ILLEGALLY and are continuously maintained as luxuries by the strata, at our expense rather than by those who benefit, while we are deprived of HVAC to accommodate our disabilities.
Instead of taking corrective action pursuant to council's s.26 duty to enforce the bylaws you persistently ignore my complaints and then complain as if I am doing something wrong when I remind you repeatedly. As long as we rely on the law it is an exhausting way for us to live.
It is not just extra skylights. It is extra decking, destruction of trees, sickening misrepresentations and deprivation of repairs, records, HVAC, peace and security. Do you find it at all surprising that the cumulative trauma gives me a pretty thin skull?
Georgia, when I say you make me sick I specified a string of traumatic losses in violation of the law that would probably sicken any normal person. In contrast, you are accusing me of making you sick without anything more than the foreseeable consequences of your own misconduct to complain about.
You recklessly ignore our disabilities, persistently deprive us of accommodation, unreasonably interfere with use and enjoyment of our home, retaliate for complaints by destroying trees and accusing me falsely of theft, animal abuse, trespass, and lies, while withholding repairs and incriminating strata records, and worst of all, sabotage the process and then call me a liar and act like I am responsible for your despicable actions against us.
We have bylaws that prohibit illegal use of common property, damage, and unreasonable interference with our use and enjoyment contrary to s.76, not to mention proportionate unit entitlement. So why do YOU repeatedly ignore my complaints in contravention of your continuing duty under s.26, instead of exercising your power to take remedial action pursuant to s.133 when you know, or certainly ought to know from all of my correspondence over the years, if not from common sense, that the prolonged stress has been killing me for decades?
If we lived in a single detached home, my husband and I would have had safe indoor air quality not only as we speak, but for more than 2.5 years, and counting. Instead, we have been unreasonably and relentlessly subjected to discrimination and harassment contrary to governing enactments as well as common sense.
I had hoped that council would take the lead with due diligence, but instead, the strata management gang doubled down with lawyers provided with our own strata fees to perversely act against us. Council shared no research and ignored or rejected my own efforts, persisting with prohibitive amendments that single out HVAC as the strata's ONLY alteration bylaw requiring indemnification or an AOL, while blatantly ignoring our long existing bylaws that specifically provide for HVAC installations just as I requested.
I am not that stupid or irresponsible is the answer to your question, "you have the new bylaw, & the AOL, so why have you not completed this process?"
I cannot afford to give up statutory rights and protections to accommodate the strata. Doing so would subject me to so much perpetual stress and damage to my self respect that I could not live with myself. I also cannot afford to agree to removal of the required HVAC system or to restrict future sales to less than prudent purchasers who would be willing to become a party to an agreement that no reasonable person would enter when they could just move on and look elsewhere for a home with more reasonable bylaws.
I don't believe that you are truly stupid; so why would ask me such a question? Why did you endanger us with another summer, instead of responding to my more reasonable installation proposal that went so far as to provide security for costs in order to avoid further delay? Can you give me one good reason?
July 2, 2022
Georgia Title I like skylights, and I always have. In case you didn't know, I also support improvements that make the best use of the property. Do "you, you, you" happen to have a skylight?
My issue is you advised the AGM that most of them were installed during the building envelope project, and there is no record of them being added. The only building in the complex that has skylights on the developer's building plans is the one (1) on Guildford at Lansdowne where Barb lives, but we keep paying for others for the personal gain of members of council and others who act unlawfully.
My other issue is that council denied my 2019 request for air conditioning to accommodate disabilities, stating concern about a 2.5" opening in the building envelope, which is pretty ludicrous compared to the alterations for skylight installations.
Last, but not least, council provided extra skylights and decks for others without indemnification, AOLs, or any record of the skylights, and then ignored existing bylaws providing for AC in persistent attempts to unfairly force us to give up statutory rights and protections via an AOL that is blatantly unreasonable and prohibitive.
I happen to know with certainty that no AOLs were required because when I made a s.36 request for copies of all those contracts I got NOTHING at all.
July 1, 2022
Georgia Title Good idea, let's get serious. To clean up this strata one cannot be afraid to allow votes to be recorded on decisions that might upset the status quo.
Just to show you aren't acting for personal gain, why don't you make a positive motion in the best interests of the strata to impose user fees on exclusive use of common property by the scofflaws on council and others who have been stealing it for decades, at our expense (that includes rich you and poor me) in contravention of s.32 conflict of interest, s.76 short term use restriction, proportionate unit entitlement ownership, and the use of property bylaw prohibitions on using common property illegally?
Seriously. Why have you never done that? Why don't you do so now?
If you are so well respected, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a seconder for that, right Georgia? You could even amend it so it applies to just common property altered for extra skylights or occupied by extra decks and unlike the gate fee, just covers the property taxes and adjustment for proportionate unit entitlements.
Don't forget to ensure that you have AOLs on all those alterations also, not just for HVAC, and provide me with copies of all of those contracts as I requested pursuant to s.36. What are you hiding in the strata records that is so incriminating anyway?
Just to show whether you do or don't hate me, why don't you try a positive change and make a motion pursuant to s.133 to REINSTATE proportionate use and enjoyment of common property that I lost due to Unit 407 violating multiple enactments, including our nuisance bylaws, s.71 significant changes, s.76 short term use, and Sherrill Berg diverting surplus special levies to her own benefit in contravention of the s.108(5) refund requirement at my expense more than anyone else's?
You don't even need to charge Unit 407 for the s.133 remedy for their ongoing contravention and annual repeats, since my share of that levy surplus was enough to cover the cost twice over.
In the interests of positive change, you wouldn't have any trouble getting a seconder for that either, right Georgia?
Just ASKING... Seriously.
June 30, 2022
Georgia Title Over & out? Thanks for the entertainment. Save your pity for yourself; if you feel sorry for me then take responsibility with some corrective action.
If I'd had my way the complex would have retained its market value and reputation, our strata fees would be lower, and we wouldn't have levies or unjust enrichment at the expense of others.
Every criticism of you is supported with hard evidence of the truth. In comparison, you just make up stories in attempts to legitimize your stupid decisions and rather than learn from your mistakes you run away with your tail between your legs yapping defamatory insults. Thankfully in a public forum.
June 29, 2022
Georgia Title The facts speak for themselves. You're talking crazy, and saying it's me, but that's nothing new.
I'm surprised that you are engaging with me on this platform, after rudely ignoring me for so many years. I'd think you were on a fishing expedition except that I'm saying very little, if anything, here that I haven't said to you in previous years. It's interesting to hear from you directly what you have apparently been saying to dazzle others behind my back. You have the gift of the gab and know how to put on the charm, but the fact remains that your actions harm me, and the strata, for no good reason.
If you ever cared about the place you were horribly misguided and worse than reckless, and I would feel sorry for you if you didn't continue to persist so deliberately. From what I could see, your puppet lover was on council and Al's regular visitor, as if you didn't know when you wrote to me under Ben's name using words and tone similar to those you use now. You were not a helper, you were a power tripper who worked hand in glove with Al and benefitted by being in on things to support your tendency to flatter yourself and an apparent need to feel important enough to soothe whatever's eating you into an early grave. You and Al passed the baton between you, both with a habit of trying to offload responsibility for your conduct onto others, whether it be those you hire, or anybody else.
Why don't you admit your wrongs, apologize, and try to compensate for the damage? You might be surprised at the results.
All of my complaints are attempts to defend myself and my property from vindictive vandals like you who act contrary to the best interests of the strata in contravention of the law, whether by mistake, or intent.
If you destroyed the trees and landscaping for the benefit of the owners you would have sought advance approval pursuant to s.71. You didn't, because you were not helping anything, other than Al's panoramic view agenda, and you knew it. You call yourself a volunteer, but when you occupied the office of secretary you took up a lot of space but failed perform the duties and got paid to waste my time going through boxes of junk while withholding the material strata records that I specifically requested. That was really evil.
So was cutting down the beautiful trees in front of my window contrary to s.71 and s.72 long after the building envelope repairs were completed.
So was unlawfully depriving me of gate access for decades. (I trust that you get pleasure out of driving through that gate in front of me every chance you get. So, where are you going?)
So was accusing me of abusing your cat.
So was lying to the RCMP that I was trespassing on limited common property when you knew that I wasn't.
So was humiliating me by shouting false accusations in front of others.
So was vilifying me with defamatory reports in the minutes.
June 28, 2022
Georgia Title Please stop making up stories, I’m not going to repeat myself. We both know the truth about how you and Al used beautiful sounds trees as retaliatory weapons. I have minutes, and letters from the strata lawyer and the RCMP, as well as your own emails, all proving your attacks on me, and you know that. I wouldn't be saying what I'm saying if I didn't.
I don’t deny that you can hire anybody to do anything. You made that obvious by having beautiful valuable trees cut down, instead of pruning them, taking care of them, or just leaving them alone.
You admitted to throwing away the advice from professionals that didn’t suit your pal Al’s panoramic view agenda and excluded me when I objected and tried to save the trees and landscaping, just because you are too ignorant to know what is best for our property. You proved you do not care about the cost, but paying sky high strata fees and levies while losing one third of our property value from your actions is more than I could afford.
The trees you removed were mature, with mature roots that were not bothering anything. The problems you refer to occur on the road to maturity, not afterwards.
I paid top dollar for street of dreams landscaping, including birch trees and park-like views in good faith, with due diligence, relying on the law, but you broke the law, kowtowing to Al. You pre-emptively destroyed our landscaping in full knowledge that you would never get s.71 approval in advance. Please forgive me for complaining, but how can you be so arrogant as to expect me to quietly accept such vindictive vandalism and "just move on" as you keep saying?
Our gardeners do their best to accommodate YOU, not me, I never speak to them. I sold my house and bought a strata that had a landscape architect so I would not have to do gardening. You caused that mess, so don’t blame it on me. Nobody but you would complain about anything I have done to mitigate the damage.
I have done everything in my power to make things better, despite your retaliatory conduct and fraudulent misrepresentations of fact and law.
BTW, thanks for the garden clean up the other day, such as it is.
Who are you trying to kid when you say, “As I have explained before?”
Paper Birch are fast growing trees, with an average life span of 80 years, and I have explained this before, while you explained NOTHING. The Vine Maple next to our east window that you maliciously cut down would have had an 80-year lifespan also, pretty much the same as the Birch that your pal Al maliciously cut down in front of our south window.
It is true that rogues like you can reduce a birch tree’s life span to about 30 years by using an urban setting to expose their roots to the sun and ignore the Bronze birch borer beetle, as you did, while spending our strata fees and levies on destruction instead of maintenance.
You have been accusing me of being “the only right-thinking person” from the time you met me. I don’t hate you, but I do hate your ignorance, vindictiveness, and deceit. I am glad that you don’t think I’m stupid, but I’m disappointed that you think my expecting you to speak the truth and comply with the law is misguided. https://www.ontwf.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/PaperBirch.pdf
June 27, 2022
Georgia Title Too bad your actions don't match your words, and the facts don't match your stories. We both know that you abused your role as a volunteer and vindictively cut down a perfectly healthy vine maple tree next to my window in 2013 in full knowledge of its importance to me in violation of s.71 and strata bylaws in blatant retaliation for my complaints. I have suffered from that every day since, and I hate knowing how much you enjoy that.
Anything that was removed was supposed to be replaced, but never was for 3 reasons. The view, the money, and malicious retaliation. So please stop going around telling others that you feel sorry that I hate it so much when you and Al Macleod both purposefully targeted me, and confirmed it in writing. You're making me sick.
You also know perfectly well that only one (1) single tree was cut down for leaky condo requirements around my unit, and you didn't replace it until 6 years later in 2010. That was pretty special, so you wonder why I'm not grateful. Maybe because it's only now, in 2022, that your slow growing choice is finally beginning to show a few leaves when we look out our window, and by the time it makes a difference it will be 20 years.
The leaky condo had absolutely nothing to do with the other 3 beautiful trees that surrounded our windows, which scofflaws like you acting in conflict contrary to the best interests of the strata permanently removed.
I feel sorry that you wrecked havoc on my home in contravention of so many laws. I purchased property in beautiful park like surroundings provided by a professional landscape architect, AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CAN SEE JUST HOW UNKEPT THE CHEAPEST PLANT AUCTION JUNK YOU SURROUNDED UNIT 409 WITH ON ALL SIDES LOOKS NOW by visiting 1215 Lansdowne Drive in Coquitlam. You and your pal Al are responsible for that Georgia.
How stupid can you possibly be to pretend that hundreds of trees died of natural causes? Birch trees live at least 80 years when people like you don't strip the ground cover to expose their roots to the sun and weedwackers, cut them in half, or otherwise interfere to kill them, instead of providing the care that we paid for with our strata fees.
If you had to compensate for the damage you caused I think you would be bankrupt, the strata would be properly funded, and our property would have maintained its benchmark value. If you were penalized for your behaviour I think you'd be in jail. It is too bad that you hate me so much that you don't care how much it costs to injure me.
June 26, 2022
Georgia Title I have no doubt that you speak the truth when you say how "great" you think it is to leave me sitting on my couch looking straight into the windows of our neighbours every day, year after year, after you maliciously cut down our beautiful privacy tree in retaliation for my complaining about the havoc you wrecked on the common property at our expense. If you don't understand why I "can't learn to enjoy it" or look at it as "great" the way you do that is well beyond sad.
If you and the rest of the lemmings on council would just learn to obey the SPA, stop discriminating, and remedy continuing contraventions of the bylaws pursuant to s.133 of the SPA, instead of ignoring governing enactments so deliberately and arrogantly, then I would have nothing to complain about. Why don't you give that a try just for a change?
Georgia Title Really? How so? For the sake of credibility, let's compare some specifics...
I sold my fully renovated 1969 townhouse in Port Moody for $53,000 to buy this brand new townhouse for $103,000 in 1988, both places on landscaped acreage. Then I paid another $100,000 in special levies here, while being deprived of repairs and maintenance, and now this place is tax assessed at $756,000 with monthly strata fees of $457.87. In comparison my old place is now tax assessed at $623,500, with strata fees of less than $276 and today's benchmark price of an Eagle Ridge townhouse is $1,027,800.Our comparative property value has plunged here, and our strata fees have skyrocketed. There are reasons for that, and you know better than anyone exactly what they are.
https://www.rebgv.org/content/rebgv-org/news-archive/mls--home-price-index-updated-to-better-reflect-current-housing-.html






