Consultation Time
CRT Consultation Time
Thanks for sharing this. I will certainly participate, and I
really hope that everyone else will also!
****
For whatever it's worth, let's not waste ANY opportunity to
build the CRT according to public needs. We need the members of this group to
participate in this consultation. I took the survey and then made further
comment that I would like to be able to save my suggestions.
****
I don't know. I participate to suggest corrective action,
for whatever it's worth.
****
LOVE the image, thanks for sharing it! Will you participate?
I'll show you mine, if you show me yours! LOL!
****
I know, it takes courage. You have to be careful.
Constructive feedback that requires corrective action by the CRT is treated as
criticism, and criticism provokes retaliation by adjudicators. What happened to
you? Will you please participate in this consultation, just for the record? We
really need victims of the CRT to speak out.
****
I asked the CRT to include templates that they consider acceptable to request s.35 strata records or repairs under s.72 or Part 9 of the SPA.
I also asked them to include warnings about the CRT's standard practice in regard to injunctions or limitation dates for declarations, nuisance claims, serial contraventions, and what is appropriate proportionality in access to justice.
I don't think the CRT will ever publish or act on my suggestions, but I can't help but wonder what others are saying...
****
The CRT operates under a mandate to systemically defer to
those in power, which is the part that it openly admits. That it allows the
strata agency industry to stalk, harass, and threaten BC home owners is the
part it fails to admit.
****
By all means, save your money, if you need legal advice,
read the SPA and SPR and strata bylaws. Use the CRT if you are dealing with
people who have an honest interest in a reasonable settlement. On the other
hand, if you're dealing with corruption, don't be surprised if the CRT defers
to rogues acting unlawfully over the facts or law abiding victim.
****
Surely you jest! It is true that the CRT has nothing to do
with property managers directly, but indirectly many, if not most, disputes
flow from property managers or lawyers working behind the scenes, like puppeteers. When
the CRT defers to stratas by default, it is indirectly deferring to the
property management industry in most, if not all, cases IMO.
****
The CRT does not follow the law, and there is nothing most
people can do about it because they cannot afford the costs and risks of a
judicial review.
The CRT has ulterior motives and hidden agendas, one of
which is to deter self represented litigants from taking up adjudicator's time
or the public's resources.
I am not talking about innocent mistakes either. I'm talking
about flagrant blatant errors of law repeated persistently and never ending
legal fiction. Access to strata records and replacement value insurance are
just 2 of MANY examples.
This string of corruption is a public record that can be seen on CanLii.
****
Welcome to our group. It's really great that you're joining
in the discussion!
****
It's a scandalous story, but it's not news. Violating the
SPA and Charter of Rights is standard practice in regard to strata governance.
The process for violations of all kinds is pretty much the
same - just thumb your nose at the law - whatever it is.
The process that is different is that of enforcement, and
that is REALLY extremely different!!
****